Dis 7, 2001

Another sleepless night with loads of hours on my card. Does anyone remember old Noam Chomsky's old formulation? Something that went like "green, sleeping thoughts lie furiously?" Or was it "green, thinking lies think furiously?" Apparently, I don't remember either. Maybe it was not even green after all. Maybe that was just me. (",) In any case, the coincidence of my predisposition to waste time and my abundance of net hours brought me to this Art test And I found out that...




If I were a work of art, I would be Heironymous Bosch'sGarden of Earthly Delights.I am decadent and depraved. I have an eye for small details and love to fit in as much hedonistic pleasure as possible in everything I do. I buck authority and am not afraid to make a statement outside approved channels.

Uh OK. That explains a lot.

By the way, I just found out. Chomsky stated: "Colorless green ideas sleep furiously." Which was thoroughly syntactical but utterly senseless. But very useful as this case illustrates. My, that line made him popular! Anyway, colorless though they were, they were undeniably green. And that may explain why they "slept" "furiously."

Walang komento: