Okt 25, 2020

Google Meet: Mark V

Same problem. Can't you just have the teacher as default owner? I feel like if you wanted it done, it'll get done. Others who press the record button could be set as editors.

*

Hi. I need help.

I teach five classes this semester and our synchronous meetings occur in Google Meet. Naturally, I need to record these for students who cannot attend for various reasons (ex: finances, connectivity, power failure, physical sickness, mental health issues, or relocation to a quarantine facility).

The problem is, after a recorded class, I will get a link to the video as a VIEWER. The OWNER is another student. In a class of 30, only the two of us have access and only the student has the authority to share the video. To distribute the link, I have to ask the student to grant me OWNER or EDITOR access.

Ideally, the student will grant me access and tell me, okay po, it's done. Less ideal, I am granted the access but not notified (and Meet doesn't automatically notify users of changes in their access level). Worst case: the student neglects to give me access (likely for reasons such as those in the first paragraph).

Given the worst case scenario, I send a follow up request. These are sometimes still neglected, and I always have to check each of these threads to see whether I've been granted the access I need to share the recording. The number of these threads I have to check increases by the day. Each thread represents a lesson missed by those who need it for class progress.

Google people have thus far ignored requests to fix this. All I need is for the teacher/convenor to be set as EDITOR by default instead of VIEWER. I have seen this question asked before, and Google Meet people tell is to request Google Suite administrators to restrict the ability to record meetings to teachers/faculty (as marked by Google Classroom).

Can you do this for us? Or should I bring this to another table? Kindly advise soon.




Walang komento: