Hun 17, 2002

First Day Blues

How was the first day of school?

I had my own episode of first day blues. My professor and I have radically opposing world-views. He has a nice sense of humor though and I guess that will help me survive the course. I hope all seven of us get through the class.

I repaired to the Vanguard gym to relieve the stress that I was anticipating. I learned that I would have only one hour to myself there, in between the sessions of the Karate Club and Aikido Club. And that hour was high noon.

Good luck to all the students! Despite everything, we'll have to make the most of the year. Good luck to Teacher Nikki on her first day to teach in her new school. Tough luck kiddos, she's not nervous anymore but very much excited!

As I expected, three hours of class will dump me with a whole week's worth of work. The Asian experience is thoroughly exciting but I have a lot of catching up to do in terms of economics and political science. More of the net time would have to be devoted to study. Well, that was my excuse for installing the modem anyway. I told them that half a year ago and I only get to prove it now.

There's this one thing I dug up. Did you know that out of the Philippines' 7,100 islands, only around 1,000 are inhabited?

High tide or low tide?

Walang komento: