Hun 16, 2015

BACKPACK LITERATURE (EXAM COPY)

I should also be thanking you for engaging the class the way you did. You really were someone we could count on. Yes, please don’t! (At least not yet.)

*

salamat sa comment! hope midyear goes your way: restful, exciting, depende na sa iyo

*

The grades are final and non-negotiable.

Even if your efforts came on time, they’d have been sorely lacking. You made only 40% of the total while the passing is 60%.

You were late thrice and absent 6x. You earned 5.0 because of (1) excessive unexcused absences as well as (2) poor scholastic performance. Even a valid excuse can’t convert your EUA to DRP because majority of your absences would still remain unexcused.

*

bless you too. see you around

*

Hi! Thank you so much for this. It has been a pleasure to read you and—in the latter months—to hear you. And then, there’s this note. Glad to have read this early at the office, as it means higher bandwidth and so a higher chance that my reply would reach you (but others have been coming in too... at the rate of about one every fifteen minutes; so I must send this before they bring out their laptops). I opened a poetry book at random (p. 609) and was blindly led by finger to these lines:

                 Would it have been worth the while,
                 To have bitten off the matter with a smile,
                 To have squeezed the universe into a ball
                 To roll it toward some overwhelming question,

I hope the midyear shapes into something to your liking. And, that your pen only stops when you want it to stop. Thank you again for your most wonderful message.

*
yey! pangcover photo ito

*

I did not expect you would swamp my inbox with messages
One would have sufficed

Received

*

Salamat sa participation... at (oo nga) sa perfect attendance! Was lucky to have gotten you in my one section of the sem. Have a lovely midyear ahead

*

Great to have three (and to have fun!)
Will take all but will only post one in the group album


2.25

*

Glad to have had you
also, for the semester

*

Thank you for the comment! And for your participation in class, overall. Wishing you a restful midyear

*

Wow! Thank you so much for your folded note. I came in early, and was sweeping the office, when I found it. It's bound to be a good morning.

I think I should be thanking you. I was never afraid to pause after a question because I knew that if nobody raised a hand, we could always rely on your ready insight. I opened a book at random and got p.541, Crane’s “In the desert”:

                 I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
                 Who, squatting upon the ground,
                 Held his heart in his hands,
                 And ate of it.
                 I said, “Is it good, friend?”
                 “It is bitter—bitter,” he answered;

                 “But I like it
                 “Because it is bitter,
                 “And because it is my heart.”

Again, thank you. Your future teachers will be very lucky to have you.

*

salamat sa comment! hope midyear goes your way: restful, exciting, depende na sa iyo

*

Manus in the pigeonhole

*

no

*

Thank you for your comment on the final message. Happy that the novel established some resonance with you. Here’s to a midyear that’ll reward without offending

Walang komento: