Ago 13, 2023

“Anak ka talaga ng Tatay mo” | Mary Joyce A. Bernal

“As a child, I was fascinated by the absence of the upper portion of his finger. I would ask him a lot of questions: How did the accident happen? What was the machine that chopped it off like? Can he fold it? Will a nail still grow? I can only remember the laugh that would escape his lips preceding the answers I have long forgotten. Other people have not been as fascinated as I was. There were some occasions when people would flinch at the sight of what remained of his right index finger, refusing to let their eyes land on it a second longer. When I demonstrated to a friend how my father’s right hand looked, he backed up in shock.”

Maaaring ituloy ang “Anak ka talaga ng Tatay mo” sa PDI Youngblood.

·

Kaka-gradweyt lang ni MJ mula sa programang BA Communication Arts degree ng Unibersidad ng Pilipinas Los Baños. 

Walang komento: