Ago 11, 2023

“Oo” | Emmanuel Lopez

Bakla ka ba? In one of our computer science classes, we learned about disassembling and assembling PCs and troubleshooting whenever there is an error in the system. The first thing you need to do is make sure that the power cord is detached. Then you can start disassembling the unit in hopes of finding what is wrong. Getting asked whether I am gay or not has always been my power cord. Almost immediately, I would shut down because back then, I never really had an answer despite getting asked the same question over and over again. I tried to cover myself up with armor, but reality would almost always seep through the cracks, and people would know where to attack. Like the broken CPUs in our computer laboratory, I tried to disassemble myself, looking for something wrong within because people told me so. I took apart fragments of my being only to lose pieces of identity in the process, even when I wasn’t even broken in the first place.”

Maaaring ituloy ang “Oo” sa PDI Youngblood.

·

Kaka-gradweyt lang ni Emman mula sa programang BA Communication Arts degree ng Unibersidad ng Pilipinas Los Baños. 

Walang komento: